"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Centurion!

I've just noticed only today that my post count has passed the 100 mark; in fact this entry is #107, to be precise. Woo hoo! It's customary in the Blogosphere to celebrate the transition to triple digits with the traditional "100 things about me" post -- but I will mercifully spare you this, my friends, as there are hardly 100 things that even I find very interesting about myself, let alone feel obliged to subject others to.

Frankly, you probably know enough about me already, but in case not, I thought I would compromise by passing along the following slightly- modified meme that's been floating around the web. No one has actually tagged me with this, but I nevertheless get to whore another notch on my post count and need write only five complete sentences (keeping with the "fives" theme) to do so. Lazy-ass bloggers of the world unite!

5 jobs I have had:
  • Radio Disk Jockey/Program Director/News Reporter
  • Television Engineer
  • Two-way radio tech on private yachts and offshore oil rigs
  • Sales Agent for Budget rent-a-car
  • Burger-flipper at McDonald's (during high school)
5 places I've lived:
  • Houston, Texas
  • St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
  • New York City
  • Miami and Sarasota, Florida
  • Santa Cruz, California
5 TV shows I enjoy:
  • Law & Order
  • The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
  • I Love The 80's
  • Best Week Ever
  • Mythbusters
5 Movies I could watch over and over again:
  • Raising Arizona
  • Young Frankenstein
  • The Day The Earth Stood Still
  • Monty Python & the Holy Grail
  • The Terminator
5 places I've vacationed:
  • Europe (England, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Switzerland)
  • Diamond Lakes region of Arkansas (Hot Springs area)
  • Las Vegas
  • Pagosa Springs/Durango, Colorado
  • Cozumel, Mexico
5 websites I visit daily:
  • Every blog on my Blogrolling list right over there ---------->>>
    (Yes! Each and every single one of them! Every day!)
  • e-Bay
  • News: CNN, Slate, NYT, LA Times, Miami Herald, Houston Chronicle, etc.
  • Shoutcast
  • Dilbert (my hero!)
5 favorite foods:
  • Thick-crust Pepperoni Pizza
  • Fajitas (any Mexican food, really)
  • Fried Shrimp
  • Steak
  • Chocolate-frosted Donuts, ummmm [drool]
5 places I'd rather be right now:

5 Comments:

  • At 2/20/2006 08:51:00 PM, Blogger April said…

    Your list of your fav tv shows.... Your list is kind of what mine and Kevin's are like combined... and all of those shows are series recordings in my DVR... creepy. BTW, its also creepy that you'd like to be in Grand Forks ND... cause I don't believe you one bit

     
  • At 2/20/2006 11:01:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    April: You mean all this time I've believed that Grand Forks is a tropical paradise comparable to that of a Balearic Island ... that I've been wrong?!? Oh the shame! But seriously, is it so hard to believe that I might actually like to visit my Bloggin' Buddies up North? Even if it is freakin' two degrees below zero there right now? Stranger things have happened.

    Moose: what, cheat? Moi? Pish posh, I say. It's not cheating, it's 'market optimization' ... it's 'creative interpretation' ... it's 'opportunity leveraging' ... it's, it's ... ah shit, well okay, it is cheating. I'm busted. I owe you chocolate. :^)

     
  • At 2/21/2006 12:43:00 AM, Blogger April said…

    I would love to actually meet you and Mrs. Toast. In the blogger world, you make all these cool friends, and you don't even know what they SOUND like! Its only, what, a 23 hour drive? If you've never been in -40 degree weather, we suggest you wait until July... when it starts warming up... okay it starts warming up in April... or May, sometimes June. :)

     
  • At 2/21/2006 04:10:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    Yeah, you're right ... my WinTelePorterâ„¢ is in the shop right now. It's made by Microsoft, so that should explain everything right there. In the meantime, how about some virtual chocolate? I know it's not nearly as good, but at least you don't have to worry about the calories. (Like that ever stopped me.)

     
  • At 2/21/2006 07:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amsterdam, huh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home