"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Friday, February 10, 2006

Squirrely cat photo

Even though my Rolling Stones post earlier this morning (or late last night, depending on your point of view) contained the phrase "Stray Cat Blues", it doesn't technically qualify as Friday CatBlogging. So let me rectify the situation by posting this picture of Callie in an unusual pose:


I've noticed that the grey squirrels who frequent our back yard will often lay out in the sun on tree limbs and landscape timbers, with both hind legs stretched out completely flat behind them, but I've never seen a cat do this before Callie. Is she just especially limber, or do all cats have this ability but usually choose not to? (This is a rhetorical question, BTW ... as if any human is able to comprehend the sublime workings of the feline mind.) But I'm curious to know if anyone else has ever seen their cats assume this same position.

This week's Carnival of the Cats #99 is being hosted by Watermark, so go visit there for some cute critters this coming Sunday evening. In the meantime, happy CatBlogging Friday!

1 Comments:

  • At 2/10/2006 07:40:00 PM, Blogger srp said…

    I have two ragdoll cats that do this but on their backs. I bet the stone floor is cool on her tummy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home