"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Friday, March 09, 2007

Catblogging Friday

UPDATE: I learned after posting this that these pictures are spoofed, taken from a 2002 book entitled "Why Paint Cats: The Ethics of Feline Aesthetics", a deadpan parody which has since been debunked as an urban legend. Nevertheless, enjoy the photos as entertaining fantasy.

It's been several months since I've posted anything for CatBlogging Friday, so let me welcome back any Carnival of the Cats visitors who haven't been here in a while. Thanks for stopping by.

Today's post explores the phenomenon of people who decorate (as in "paint") their cats. I'm not sure exactly why some people would do this; it's not really cruelty or anything, but as an animal lover it strikes me somewhere between amusing and appalling. Mostly, I think it has to be terribly embarrassing for the cat. Check out the slide show below and see what you think:



Although some of these photos are undeniably cute, I would never do this to my own furbabies; not only am I certain that they would be highly offended by the idea, I think they're cute enough already. I offer as evidence this shot of an unpainted Callie and Tiger sharing their favorite heating pad:


All together now: "awwwwwwww". Happy Friday!

4 Comments:

  • At 3/10/2007 09:56:00 AM, Blogger April said…

    I got an email with these pics in them and thought it was awesome, not that I could ever do that to fuzzybutt! He would never speak to me again! So you say its fake?!it looks real!

    Either way, it was a very artistic idea, and fun to look at :)!

     
  • At 3/10/2007 06:18:00 PM, Blogger Sphincter said…

    Awwwww...sleepy kitties.

     
  • At 3/12/2007 05:10:00 AM, Blogger sumo said…

    Some were quite beautiful...but I did have to wonder how they could have gotten the cats to stay still for most of that intricate work. So they faked it well.

     
  • At 3/12/2007 07:15:00 AM, Blogger Sissy Willis said…

    You are so right. One can't improve on the purr-fection that is all things feline.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home