"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Monday, March 05, 2007

Alert the grammar police!

My pet peeve rears its ugly head once again:


This wasn't some two-bit outfit, mind you, I found this gaffe on the web site of one of the top three U.S. office supply/electronics retailers, a big company that ought to know better. I admit that I may be a bit overly sensitive about this particular misconstruction, but it simply amazes me how frequently it shows up in public. Arrrgh!

5 Comments:

  • At 3/05/2007 10:11:00 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin said…

    Come on, don't you become leery of having business dealings with companies that have typos? I know I do.

    Although one when I was a marketing director for a software company I ordered 25,000 mouse pads and it was 8 months before we realized they had misspelled the company name. Oops.

     
  • At 3/05/2007 11:19:00 PM, Blogger sumo said…

    i know I hate when that happens.

     
  • At 3/06/2007 07:47:00 AM, Blogger SupaCoo said…

    What's you problem? Your should really chill out.

     
  • At 3/06/2007 10:19:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    Arrrrrrrrrgh!!!!

     
  • At 3/06/2007 09:50:00 PM, Blogger April said…

    hahahaha... supacoo, so very clever :)

    I hate when I find simple typos like that because you know there is an editor out there somewhere slackin' off at his desk. I make LOTS of typos, but I don't pay someone to check my grammer and spelling everytime I write something.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home