"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Travelin' Maine-iac

For those of you who may be wondering if my lack of recent posting indicates that I have perhaps been eaten by a bear in the far Northeastern reaches of the United States, please let me advise you that I am alive and well. There has been no shortage of fun times and interesting sights to see during my New England explorations; what has been scarce, however, is high-speed Internet access. Hopefully this situation may be corrected within the next few days and I can post a couple of the recent pictures I have taken.

Unfortunately however, my friend whose radio show I was to be a guest on this weekend came down with a particularly nasty respiratory infection earlier in the week. Considering my lung problems, it would be extremely risky for me to be anywhere near him and potentially catch this, so I've had to alter my travel plans accordingly until he's on the mend. However, I expect to reach Skowhegan, Maine -- the northernmost point on my route -- on Monday, and will start gradually working my way back towards Texas over the next few weeks. I am loving the freedom of the open road.

1 Comments:

  • At 8/13/2006 01:36:00 AM, Blogger DogMa said…

    You stay away from him till he is well on the mend my friend.That scares me to death.

    I am so jealous of you! You are a Ramblin' Man and I wish I could have those same adventures! Hopefully one day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home