"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Three degrees of separation

This may be as close to fame as I get in this stage of my life: I am excited to say that I am related to someone who knows someone who knows George Clooney.

Not only that, but the person I am related to -- my nephew Jeff -- actually has a screen credit in the new George Clooney movie "Michael Clayton", which just opened in theaters a few days ago. To say I'm proud of my nephew is an understatement. Last March, I wrote this post about his photography work in New York City, and he's been keeping quite busy since then. He recently emailed me to let me know that fifteen pieces of his artwork were selected to appear in several locations in the new Clooney film, and he also gets a mention in the end credits. Jeff has not actually met Sir George in person, but has dealt regularly with the film's production director who no doubt has. Ergo, I am removed from His Handsomeness by only two people, and if I should ever happen to run into him while on a cruise ship in New Hampshire, we will have something in common that I can chat him up about. Don't laugh, it could happen; I never expected to meet this guy either.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home