"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Happy 2nd to Me!

Light the candles and bake a cake! It boggles the mind that I have marked two years of Blogosity this month. (If you're curious about how this site got it's name, read one of my very first posts here.)

For some reason, however, I'm not nearly as excited to celebrate my second Blogiversary as I was for the first one; I won't be posting a "greatest hits" list of the past year because, frankly, I don't think any of them qualify. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I feel like I've been struggling to come up with stuff to write about for at least the last several months, and my output has fallen off from a post nearly every day to perhaps one a week or less. I realize that everyone goes through a dry spell once in a while, but this one seems protracted and hard for me to shake off. While the rest of you are out living exciting lives, dancing, traveling, working in foreign lands, having bouts of roller derby and other fun stuff, I'm basically sitting around with a tube up my nose -- which does not for thrilling blog posts make. Sometimes I feel like one of the cats: I spend most of the day either sleeping, eating or pooping. (In all fairness, however, I should state for the record that I am not grooming my nether regions with my tongue nor have the cats yet learned to surf the internet. However, if they start their own blog, I'm calling it quits.)

But, before I start sounding all "woe-is-me", let me say that I have decided to use this meager second anniversary as motivation to intensify my efforts to write more often. I will become more creative. I will get out of the house more and do interesting stuff! I will wear striped shirts! Not only that, I will live dangerously! I will run with scissors, and I will not close cover before striking! Don't try and make me, I am a wild man!

My third anniversary "greatest hits" post is gonna be freakin' awesome.

3 Comments:

  • At 10/24/2007 11:33:00 PM, Blogger The Misanthrope said…

    Congratulations on year two!! Blogging is more work than most people realize, hence all the blogers that have stopped writing. We stopped after one year and there were three of us.

     
  • At 10/25/2007 09:50:00 PM, Blogger Sphincter said…

    Happy 2nd! As for the grooming, it seems to take up lots of my cat's time. If you were to take it up, you would NEVER have time to blog. And that would be bad.

     
  • At 10/26/2007 01:34:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    Thanks for the encouragement, and yes, that would be bad ... on so many levels.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home