"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Talkin' Turkey

One of my favorite TV shows of all time was "WKRP in Cincinnati". I was a radio DJ at the time, and it was as if someone had taken my life and made it into a sitcom. Many people who have watched "WKRP" will agree that "The Great Turkey Drop" episode was probably the best of the series; it concludes with one of the most memorable punch lines in television history. So, to get us in the spirit of Thanksgiving this week, enjoy this YouTube video clip of the episode's pivotal denouement:



Happy Thanksgiving!

4 Comments:

  • At 11/21/2006 03:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh man, that is CLASSIC. Some kids wanted to be teachers or doctors. I wanted to be a radio DJ just because of this show.

    WKRP in Cin-chuh-Na-tty!

     
  • At 11/21/2006 03:35:00 PM, Blogger sumo said…

    I watched the show...but missed that episode...thanks for that. I'd heard many things about it over the years...so now I know. Happy Thanksgiving to you sir.

     
  • At 11/21/2006 08:41:00 PM, Blogger Sphincter said…

    Oh, the humanity! I love that episode!

    I used to have a co-worker who pretended to have walls, and I always thought of Les Nesman.

     
  • At 11/25/2006 09:11:00 AM, Blogger bossann said…

    That was GREAT! Thanks for sharing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home