"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Gadgetlust

I have no rational reason for doing so, but I really want Santa to bring me this for Christmas. I'm not sure why, it's not something I really need. Although sometimes I take pictures, I'm not a "photographer" by any stretch of the imagination. I hardly use the camera I already have, a Canon PowerShot A60. This would be like giving an F-16 to the pilot of a Piper Cub.

The Digital Rebel XT costs as much as some used cars, or, as Mrs. Toast will be quick to point out, a new washer and dryer (which we do, in fact, need). There are so many more sensible ways to spend the big-ticket bucks this thing costs.

You may notice that I am trying to talk myself out of this. It's not working.

6 Comments:

  • At 11/14/2006 09:01:00 PM, Blogger Sphincter said…

    Clean clothes are SO overrated. I vote for the camera. (Please don't give Mrs. Toast my blog address.)

     
  • At 11/15/2006 01:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just to let you know, Staples, at least the one here in Tennessee, has the Rebel XT on clearance for somewhere in the low $700s.. I bought an original Rebel on ebay for $465 a few weeks ago and I love it. Good luck on getting the Rebel XT.

     
  • At 11/15/2006 10:39:00 AM, Blogger SupaCoo said…

    I was thinking - with a really kickass camera you could just take pictures of your clothes and then see if they were really dirty or not. I mean, the smallest speck would show up, and then you could just spot clean it. Why waste all of that water and kill the environment anyway?

     
  • At 11/15/2006 01:33:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    You know, Supacoo, I really like your way of thinking.

    Have you considered government work?

     
  • At 11/15/2006 09:31:00 PM, Blogger SupaCoo said…

    I'm for the environment, so that being said, NO, I haven't considered government work. :)

     
  • At 11/16/2006 08:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Screw the camera and the washer/dryer. I want a big-screen TV.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home