"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Monday, November 06, 2006

I post, therefore I am

I learned over the weekend that there's an "official list" for NaBloPoMo at fussy.org ... and Wind In The Wire is now on there, babies! In case you missed it, National Blog Posting Month is a group of bloggers who have committed to posting every single day during the month of November. I heard about this informally from someone else's blog, but it's evidently more of an organized affair than I had realized. As a bonus, in addition to the satisfaction of stretching my brain by contributing to the collective Blogosphere on a daily basis, getting on the list also qualifies me to possibly win cash and prizes! w00t! It's all good!

But this achievement did not come without effort. The official deadline to be included in the list was November 1st, and since I did not find out about it until the 3rd, I had to send the following email to the list's administrator begging to be included:
Hello - my name is Mr. Toast and I just found out about NaBloPoMo. I started posting on Nov. 1st, -- honest -- and I am determined to keep sloggin' and bloggin' all month!! However, what I didn't realize until just now is that you have this list of participants on your site, and if it's not too late, I'd like to have my blog at http://windinthewire.blogspot.com included. I don't even care if I'm not eligible to win any of the swag, I'd just like to maybe get a few new visitors. If you could put me on the list I would be eternally grateful. Bless you, your house and children. You are a fine and decent human being. Thank you thank you, thank you ohmygodthankyou. (I can grovel some more if that would help.)
To which she replied:

"Excellent groveling! You're in!"

Anyway, if you're looking for some interesting new blogs to read, check out the list of participants on her site and visit some of the other folks who will be posting every day; you're guaranteed to find some fresh content. Or try out the NaBloPoMo Randomizer. (It's like Blogger's "Next Blog" button, but will display a random blog only from those on the list.) You might even encourage them by leaving a comment -- after all, we bloggers do love us some comments. Please do this. I mean really, I want you to, please, pleasepleaseohmygodplease.

Hey, if there's one thing I can do well, it's grovel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home