"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Monday, November 20, 2006

A light at the end of the tunnel

The final day of November will mark the end of NaBloPoMo, or "National Blog Posting Month". Those who have been posting religiously all month will testify that coming up with fresh content every single day has been more difficult than we first thought it would be. About one-third of the original participants have had to back out due to missing at least one post; some have given up entirely. Therefore, for those of us still running in this marathon, I hereby designate -- in no official capacity whatsoever -- that Friday, December first, shall be known as NaNoMoFoBloPo, or "National No More Forced Blog Posting" day. It will be mandatory for all bloggers not to post anything on this day to finally give our poor overtaxed brains a day off. Here's the countdown ticker to the big day of rest:

6 Comments:

  • At 11/20/2006 04:08:00 PM, Blogger Bake Town said…

    Yeah! Finally something to look forward to! Actually, I haven't minded too much.

    ----------
    I agree, it hasn't been that bad. But then again, I've posted some stuff that would never have seen the light of day if it hadn't been for NaBloPoMo.

     
  • At 11/20/2006 07:04:00 PM, Blogger Chandira said…

    Yeah, I did't dare take that one on, even though I usually manage at least 2 posts a day.. lol

     
  • At 11/20/2006 09:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i am very proud of you! not only are you posting every day but your posts are high quality as well. kudos to you mister toast!

     
  • At 11/20/2006 10:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amen brother, my readers will thank thee heartily.

     
  • At 11/22/2006 12:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm trying to visit as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can and I thought I'd say hi, I liked your blog.. :) I can't go one day without blogging, you must be NUTS! ;) hehe

     
  • At 11/22/2006 02:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not post?!? But, but... whatever will I do that day?

    ----------
    Speaking for myself, I plan to spend the entire day gazing at and removing all the lint which has gathered in my belly-button this month while I've been too busy researching and posting to think much about proper personal hygiene. This is at the request (demand?) of Mrs. Toast, who has also threatened to forcefully pry my laptop from my hands if I try to go online that day. ("Only for five minutes, honey, I promise.")

    Yeah, right.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home