"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Monday, August 04, 2008

Hello from Nowhere, Texas

OK, we're now into August, and with only two, (count 'em, two!) posts all of last month -- both of which on the lame side -- I have to state the obvious: this blog is officially in the crapper, folks. I have no excuse, really. My motivation just plain stinks. I have occasional ideas for what should (in theory, at least) be really good, snappy posts, but can't seem to bring myself around to actually sit down and write them. Even typing this now feels harder than it should be. What gives? A close friend of mine wrote recently on the subject of depression:
It feels like waking up with an anvil in my chest. The weight of it is crushing but yet I am expected to move about my day. All of the stupid little things that you take for granted doing now seem insurmountable. Everything requires much more energy than you can muster.
That's exactly what I've been feeling like lately, so maybe we're onto something. Of course, it could also be just plain ol' garden-variety boredom, as nothing much has been happening here recently. My lung condition makes it harder for me to breathe in the extreme heat we've been having in Texas during the last month or so, and because of this I haven't been getting out much; sitting around the house like a potted plant does not for thrilling blog posts make. In any case, I don't like it, and am going to work on improving my attitude. In the meantime, until I give myself a good swift kick in the pants, pull myself up by my bootstraps, turn that frown upside down and "get over it", I thought I'd send a cyber-postcard to let y'all know I'm thinking about you. More meaty posts will follow later. Really.


PS: This is not the actual street on which I live. Things could be worse.

2 Comments:

  • At 8/05/2008 04:15:00 AM, Blogger SupaCoo said…

    You have air conditioners in Texas, right? It could be worse, indeed. You're not in Germany. (Insert cursing here.)

     
  • At 8/05/2008 06:43:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    Yes we do, which is the reason I haven't been straying too far from the house and its sweet sweet vents of cool air. God bless Willis Carrier, if it wasn't for him this part of Texas would still be uninhabitable. (Or at least very inhospitable.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home