"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Choose your destiny

I'm not exactly a huge fan of Angelina Jolie, but her new movie "Wanted" (due out sometime in 2008) looks freaking awesome. She plays a bad-ass assassin called "The Fox" who is charged by the head of a shadowy government security firm (Morgan Freeman, playing yet another version of the God-like, wisdom-filled mentor he does best) to train an inexperienced "regular guy" (James McAvoy) -- the son of a recently-deceased former agent -- in the fine art of killing people for hire. Although based on the series of comic books written by Mark Millar, the film eschews comic-book style violence in favor of real world action. "Wanted" is directed by Timur Bekmambetov, a noted Russian filmmaker who's making his big Hollywood debut.

The trailer was just released; after you watch it here, just try and tell me you don't want to see this film too.

3 Comments:

  • At 11/04/2007 10:41:00 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin said…

    I think there are some movies that I don't watch anymore because Jolie is in them. It's sad really because before the whole "steal your husband because I'm a whore" thing I thought she was a good actress and loved her work. Now I find myself closeminded to movies she is in because as a married woman I am offended that she and Brad couldn't keep their pants zipped. Wrong of me I know.

    and now that I've said that I have to admit that I am going to go and see a movie she is in as soon as it hits the theater soon. I'm going to butcher the name but it is something like beowolf. (bear-wolf). You know which one I mean? It looks so good even though it has a husband stealing whore in it. LOL

     
  • At 11/05/2007 09:57:00 PM, Blogger Sphincter said…

    My husband deems anything she's in worth the price of admission. I grudgingly go along, but I force him to buy me snacks.

     
  • At 11/06/2007 05:59:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    A win-win situation ... excellent!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home