"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

We have boring statistics!

Those of you who love data analysis, sets, trends, samples, arrays, and other statistical trivia will be thrilled by today's post. The other 97% of you, feel free to go have a sandwich or something while we ponder the effect of NaBloPoMo on the readership of this here Blog. Not only do I have raw numbers, I've got fancy graphs! I mean, just look at this shit!

No doubt this brings to mind the famous Mark Twain quote, "There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." Nevertheless, it is interesting to note that the first few days of November started off slowly with less than 20 visitors per day, which has been typical of the last several months around here. But then the effects of NaBloPoMo started kicking in as new readers began stopping by around the 6th; and other than for that mysterious plunge on Saturday the 11th, whoa Nellie ... we were off to the races, peaking up around 90 hits on a few days. This is very exciting for me, and once again please let me thank everyone who visited during the month.

Of course, my ability to sustain this level of growth is highly doubtful. I pulled out all the stops for NaBloPoMo, folks: surveys, humor, pathos, thoughtful commentary, not to mention the cute cat pictures. However, that ship may have sailed, as they say, as my first few posts so far this month will attest. But I'll keep plugging anyway, and hope that some of y'all will stick around for whatever pithy banter I might come up with next. If that doesn't work, I may steal David Letterman's old schtick and start giving away canned hams. Whatever works.

6 Comments:

  • At 12/06/2006 04:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, that's great! Soon you'll be raking in so much money off of blogads you'll be able to buy a second home in some exotic locale which your private jet will whisk you away to on weekends. Which is fine and all, especially if you tell us all about it!.


    ----------
    Ha! I would be more than glad to tell you about it, except it ain't gonna happen. You will never, never, ever see a Blogad on this site. Besides, my idea of an "exotic locale" is any place that features indoor plumbing.

     
  • At 12/06/2006 09:18:00 PM, Blogger Sphincter said…

    Oooh, charts!


    ----------
    I knew you'd be one of the three percent!

     
  • At 12/07/2006 03:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so where is my ham?


    ----------
    Here you go:

     
  • At 12/07/2006 10:02:00 PM, Blogger Chandira said…

    Hey, if you want to get more readers, join Blogexplosion. (hint, if you click on the BE button on my blog sidebar, I get the referral credits..)

    My traffic has gone up considerably since joining, even on the days I don't visit anybody. Well worth it, and it's a fun community, some really nice people there.


    ----------
    Thanks, Chandira. I'll check it out.

     
  • At 12/08/2006 02:09:00 PM, Blogger sumo said…

    I want a big-ass ham too!


    ----------
    Would you settle for this instead? I get lots of it!

     
  • At 12/14/2006 06:48:00 PM, Blogger bossann said…

    stats! gotta study...gotta study... There's sure to be good data here...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home