"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Warning: cute puppy pictures ahead

(Click to enlarge)

I know some of you out there are dog lovers (Hi, Moose!) and will be certain to enjoy these photos taken last week of my niece and nephew's unbelievably cute new puppy. Sadie is a "Blue Heeler", originally from Australia and bred to herd cattle. I've always been a "cat person", but Sadie is such an intelligent and sociable little pooch, she might very well get me to consider adopting a dog. (I'm glad the cats can't read this blog, or else they might attack me while I'm sleeping tonight for speaking such blasphemy.) I mean, look at that happy little face in the pictures below:

Yep, and the dog is cute too! :^) They're beginning to train Sadie to "herd" a ball by nipping at it and chasing it along, much like a soccer player. It was amazing and quite entertaining to watch her work the ball. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera out while she was doing this, but if you're curious click here for a short QuickTime video clip of an adult Blue Heeler by the name of Lucy performing a similar trick.

Not only did we have cute puppies last week, but we also had...

Cookies and Brownies and Cake, oh my!


What a great week!

4 Comments:

  • At 3/21/2006 11:52:00 PM, Blogger April said…

    OMG! I'm so jealous of your neice and nephew, that is the cutest puppy! I've been asking Kevin for a puppy for my birthday. I doubt very much that I'll get one, but that is the PERFECT little puppy, I want one like that, I'll have to push harder for a Blue Heeler!

    The grub looks fantastic, very yummy. Cookies are my weakness.

     
  • At 3/22/2006 11:02:00 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    The heeler is darn cute!! If they ever get tired of him he can come live here with me and my horses. I am sure the puppy would like the 15 acres to free-roam on.

    SWEETS!! I can't resist them.

    *say did anyone tell you that you have a close resembalance to Stephen King...which is a good thing*

     
  • At 3/25/2006 07:30:00 AM, Blogger Schnozz said…

    Cutest. Puppy. EVER. I steeled myself against the cuteness. I thought I was ready. I had no idea what I was up against!

     
  • At 3/25/2006 03:33:00 PM, Blogger bossann said…

    Wow! Talk about adorable...I was thinking of getting a kitty to keep my cocker company during the day...but maybe a new little puppy is the ticket...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home