"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hug a librarian today

Why would anyone want to be a librarian? Forget the old stereotypes; librarians are all-knowing and all-seeing. They bring order to chaos, and bring wisdom and culture to the masses. They preserve every aspect of human knowledge. They are action heros. Librarians rule, and they will kick the crap out of anyone who says otherwise.

Yes, it takes a special person to be a librarian, and not everyone can measure up. Do you have what it takes? Take the quiz; here's my results:

Bookstore Employee
You scored 27% on knowledge of librarianship.
You know more than most about library stuff, maybe a lot more, and maybe there's a library job in your future... You might look the part of a librarian, but you're not one. Consider joining your local "Friends of the Library" group.
(Link: The Are You a Librarian Test on OK Cupid)

Conan the Librarian

3 Comments:

  • At 3/23/2006 03:02:00 PM, Blogger April said…

    I am also a bookstore employee, I scored 24%, knowing more than the average person, even though I guessed at most of the questions. I have a friend that went to school for library studies and research, or something like that, I'm sure she would score very high!

     
  • At 3/24/2006 12:13:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    Mrs. Toast (who is, in fact, an actual librarian) took the quiz and only got like 50% right. She said many of the questions were more like library trivia, and far removed from any real knowledge she uses in her job. (For example, not too many people come in wanting to know who Sanford Berman was or what he was a liberal reformer of.) But it's all good fun, though.

     
  • At 3/25/2006 03:31:00 PM, Blogger bossann said…

    I'm an Aspiring Librarian...48%! Color me surprised...ok, I'll admit it, I guessed A LOT! Fun little test...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home