"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Naughty but nice?

I made it back safely from San Antone with a newfound appreciation both for Texas history, and for the role of Librarians in today's society - but that's a "serious" topic for a later post. In other more mundane developments, I received an odd e-mail while I was away. I should mention that this was not spam, but came from a Real Person who actually knows me:

Valentines Day Idea

"Valentines day is upon us - so, why not find out if your love life is "Hot Stuff" or "Cold Fish." with this LOVE TESTER KIT! Lots of fun to play with and a great party game! Press button and watch a roving flashing light, exotic sound, and finally stop on a statement. Learn about LEDs, ring counters, ceramic speakers and much more."

I'm not sure which is more disturbing: (a) the fact that someone obviously must think I possess whatever quirky combination of gadget-freakiness and starry-eyed romanticism that would interest me in such an item, or (b) that I am seriously considering purchasing it.

Either way, this is just wrong on so many levels.

1 Comments:

  • At 1/24/2006 08:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Most liberians--Curse their national security threatening souls!--can hit "red hot" using only their mental powers (and they have to be stopped--dammit!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home