"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

WTF?

A little while ago I was experimenting with trying to insert a table into a blog post here. Now suddenly, I am getting a message that says "Blogger's spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog" and it won't let me post a new entry or edit an old one without typing in a word verification capcha, just like you get when you leave a comment. What's up with that? Apparently, since the robot has falsely flagged me, an Actual Human Being from the Blogger team will now have to personally visit and view this blog (Hi there!) to make sure I'm not an Evil Spammer in disguise. Although I understand the rationale behind this, I still find it rather annoying ... and it will be even more so if much time goes by until this is fixed.

While I was searching Blogger Help for a reason why Wind In The Wire might have been incorrectly identified as a "spam", I came across this explanation: "Blogs engaged in this behavior can be recognized by their irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text".

There you go; that pretty well sums this site up in a nutshell, doesn't it?

2 Comments:

  • At 1/17/2007 11:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It HAD to be because of that crazy email you posted, don't ya think? Spam strikes again!

     
  • At 1/18/2007 12:45:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    You know, I hadn't thought about that but you could be exactly right. If the text of that message was widespread, it stands to reason that it might be in a spam-seeking robot's database.

    Computers! Ya gotta love 'em! (Or not.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home