"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'll take that in 20's, please

After nearly a year of being worth squat -- exactly $0.00 -- I can now say that this blog actually has value:


My blog is worth $5,645.40.
How much is your blog worth?


This is a popular little applet which can be found plastered all over the Blogosphere. How the exact amount is calculated is unclear, at least to me, but apparently it has something to do with the "same link to dollar ratio as the AOL-Weblogs Inc deal." Whatever that means. In any case, I could use some extra cash to pay off all those credit card bills from the Toasted Tour 2006 Road Trip that are now just starting to come in, so I'll be contacting Dane Carlson (right) at the Technorati Business Opportunities website to tell him where to send my check, ha ha.

I'm sure he's never heard that one before.

6 Comments:

  • At 9/14/2006 05:21:00 PM, Blogger bossann said…

    Glad you're back!

     
  • At 9/15/2006 05:34:00 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    I am glad to hear that your blog is finally worth some money. However, your blog has always been worth a lot to me.

     
  • At 9/15/2006 08:30:00 PM, Blogger April said…

    I'm worth nada. $0 I feel worthless :( Oh well, I'm over it. Glad to hear YOU have a successful blog worth lots...

     
  • At 9/15/2006 10:20:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    Thanks, guys - your blogs are priceless to ME too. :-) Really, I have NO idea how they calculate this figure. Mine had been $0 since the beginning, but every now and then just for the heck of it I'd check to see if it changed. Nope, still $0. Then just recently, for some unknown reason it came up with this amount since the last time I looked (maybe a month ago). What's different since then?? If somebody understands how this thing works I wish they'd explain it to me!

     
  • At 9/18/2006 04:25:00 AM, Blogger DogMa said…

    VooDoo.

    Plain and simple my friend.

     
  • At 9/18/2006 04:35:00 AM, Blogger DogMa said…

    I don't wanna rub it in...well, yes I guess I do. I am worth a little more than you dear!

    $14,113.50 What the devil? Who comes up with these figures?!?!?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home