"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Moving forward

I am in shock and awe over my accomplishments for today:
  1. Actually went to my pulmonary rehab session at the hospital for a change
  2. Dubbed two more of the twenty or so LP records (remember those?) to compact disk for my sister who I will see next month ... a project I have been postponing for over a year
  3. Repaired my broken eyeglasses
  4. Edited digital photos of my house and sent them off to be made into prints for my insurance company -- as they have "requested" (as in, if you don't do this we won't renew your damn policy).
  5. Began plotting the route for our road trip to New England next month
  6. Fixed the AC inverter in the van that hasn't worked since Hurricane Rita, which required re-wiring the DC connections from the battery to the device
  7. Visited not just one but two stores to get quotes on new tires for the van
  8. Sorted through and organized a huge pile of paperwork on my desk
Now this might not sound like much for most of y'all, as you probaby do ten times this much on an average day, but consider that "normal" days for me often consist of not much more than sitting around the house surfing the web and sucking oxygen. My lung condition tends to tire me very quickly upon any kind of physical exertion, so most of the time I would barely have the strength to accomplish any one of the above tasks. To have done all this in one day is reason for me to celebrate!

Countdown to road trip: 24 days. Woo-hoo!

1 Comments:

  • At 6/23/2006 01:56:00 PM, Blogger Chandira said…

    Likewise.. Confirmed couch potato.. Though I DID have a night like that last night. And it wasn't even caffeine induced.

    One of my main problems is remembering what I need to do! If I could remember it, I might get it done. I drive my husband crazy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home