"Madame, bear in mind That princes govern all things--save the wind." -Victor Hugo, The Infanta's Rose

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Back from the brink

The hard drive restoration is coming along slowly, but surely. I still have some tweaking of various configuration settings to do, but my backup (from August 2004!) installed OK and there hadn't been MAJOR changes since then -- just a bunch of minor ones. Grrrrrr! But links are starting to work again, for those who may have noticed that all the mp3's I had posted here disappeared when the drive went south. To celebrate their return, here's another jolly little Christmas tune for your holiday listening pleasure, this one by special request from Janelle who will b-b-b-be just th-th-thrilled to uh uh uh, you know, hear th-this:



More to come as I hopefully continue to get my shit together (more or less).

6 Comments:

  • At 12/14/2005 12:21:00 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    LOL...You are a God! I absolutely love it!!!

     
  • At 12/14/2005 11:11:00 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    OFF TOPIC -- thanks for the link, I added one to WitW -- Jim

     
  • At 12/15/2005 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Hello Jim, it's nice to meet ya!

     
  • At 12/15/2005 12:15:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    Jim: Thanks much. I like your writing style, BTW - and also like that your posts are in a nice big font which old farts like myself find much easier to read.

    Janelle: I very much appreciate the thought, but I think my halo is way too tarnished to accept this honor. Plus, if all it takes is posting some Porky Pig tune to achieve exaltedness, then I'd be the most lame, cheap-ass deity in the Universe. It would be embarrasing - kind of like becoming a professor at Harvard or Yale with only a 10th-grade education and one of those mail-order PhD diplomas that I got for $12.99 from some sleazy web site in Romania. The other Real Professors would laugh my sorry ass right out of the faculty lounge.

    But I'm glad you like the tune. Merry Christmas!!

     
  • At 12/16/2005 03:42:00 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Geeze Mr. Toast, you have a big ego don't ya think....I said you were a God but I didn't say what kind. LOL!!

    Merry Christmas to you too!!

     
  • At 12/16/2005 04:29:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    Awwww...Janelle dear, IT WAS A JOKE!! Ha Ha! Your comment made me laugh, as I'm probably the most un-Godlike person there is, and my "ego" is smaller than my little pinky toe. I knew you were kidding, and surely figured you knew I was too. (You may notice that I seldom pass up an opportunity for a little sarcastic, self-depreciating humor. This drives Mrs. Toast crazy, BTW.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home